Free online storage space
Storing and backing up files is often difficult for those who may not have access to a computer of their own. Storing data online is a simple solution to this problem. There are many websites available that provide online “cloud” space for people to save their documents, photos, and videos online for free. Each of these sites offer users a specific amount on internet space to save their data. Users do not need to have computers of their own from which to upload data. Any computer, such as at a public library, can be used to access these free services. Data uploaded on the “cloud” is available on any computer, at any time with the correct username and password. Online cloud storage services include:
- Dropbox– offers 2GB of free storage. Users can “earn” more storage space by sharing dropbox with others.
- Memopal– offers 3GB of free storage and automatic backup. More space can be earned through referrals.
- iDrive– offers 5GB of free storage and automatic backup.
- Sugar Sync– offers 5GB of free storage and automatic backup. This works extremely well with photos and other types of media.
- Amazon Cloud Drive– offers 5GB of free storage, but users must have an amazon account.